The Application Engineer will provide technical engineering and sales support for customer projects related to company’s products. The Application Engineer will assist with the specification of applicable equipment and products based on an analysis of the customer’s needs and company’s capabilities. This engineer will promote the successful sale and execution of products and services.
The individual may need to perform field service operations that involve unusual problems requiring strong technical skills and excellent customer service demeanor. Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and procedures. Record, compile and reduce data for analysis and assist in related assessment and preparation of reports. Construct prototype models, as requested
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Support to Sales Channels and Sales Team by:
- Acting as the technical lead in evaluating project RFQs, including the creation and submittal of quotations
- Organizing and leading the initial Sales Strategy meetings with sales channel and internal company stakeholders
- Providing an interface between the sales channel and the customer for assigned projects
- Completing breakeven analysis for projects
- Participating in troubleshooting and performance optimization for existing units
- Perform complex troubleshooting as required on machinery and ancillary systems
- Coordinate with engineering in reporting and implementing changes as necessary to resolve issues. Maintain accurate backup copies of all system software.
- Communicate progress, schedules, and open items with client. Prepare detailed technical reports.
- This role is focused on company’s systems and commissioning, but the ability to cross train and be utilized in related product families is expected
- Experience with utility interconnect agreements from an application perspective as well as managing the application process. Experience with paralleling agreements is preferred.
- Interprets customer technical specs, engineering drawings, one-line diagrams and assists customer in defining detailed application, system, and hardware requirements
- Review site / project plans and make corrections as necessary
- Review BOM – hardware and software and make suggestions / corrections as needed
Required Education & Experience
- A B.S. in Engineering
- 5-7 years of direct related experience
- Previous CHP / generator installation and application experience