Bemana is searching for an Automation and Controls Engineer in Dover, NH to join the team of company that specializes in providing thermoformed and heat-sealed products to a variety of customers.
- Design and manufacture of automated manufacturing and control systems
- Design, prototype, commission, trouble-shoot and continuous improvement of equipment needed for new or existing product or customer product programs
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot automated manufacturing equipment
- To act as Technical Lead and support Technical Leadership when working with External Contractors on Automation projects.
- Direct the work of more junior engineers and technicians in support of given programs as they are made available, mentoring & leading by example
- New Product & Process design & development
- To lead as the thought leader on assigned development programs, considering all technical aspects required to bring given programs to commercial success
- Working together with the project team and the Customer (as necessary) conceive, design, and develop new products and processes through engineering analysis, prototyping, risk assessment, and qualification testing from earliest concept to release to manufacturing
- Design and verification of tools, gauges and equipment needed for new product or customer product programs.
- Manufacture and verification of initial part prototypes.
- Together with the Project Team and the PD Team, support the qualification processes, eventually leading to release to manufacturing
- Design and lead experiments to confirm/uncover or resolve design questions
- Assemble, test and troubleshoot automated manufacturing equipment
- Create manufacturing documentation for new products and processes
- Support of Existing Products as needed
- Evaluate, document, and implement design or process changes to improve performance, manufacturability, safety, and/or cost of existing products/processes with associated tooling/equipment
- Troubleshooting of complex automation system issues to discover root cause and implement permanent solutions
- Mentoring of other engineers and technicians on programming logic and machine troubleshooting
- Other miscellaneous tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in an Engineering (or Engineering Technology) field
- Mechanical engineering is preferred, but other disciplines will also be considered
- At least 5 – 7 years of demonstrated engineering experience
- Knowledge of machine design, simple electrical design, and understanding of common manufacturing practices
- Some knowledge of plastic part fabrication techniques (common forming/sealing methods & equipment), thermoforming is particularly valuable
- Documentation systems; Change orders, writing specs, quality systems, ISO requirements
- Proficient in Solidworks or other 3D CAD software
- Specification of automation hardware and software
- Control system design
- PLC and HMI programming and Robotics
- Knowledge of drawing standards (geometric tolerancing, etc.)
- Experience with CNC machining and/or manual machining desired but not required
Company Paid Benefits – No Cost to Team Members
- 100% Paid Health and Dental Insurance Premiums for you and your family
- Partial reimbursement of any deductibles you may incur for each family member per year
- 100% Paid Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 120 hours of Personal Time Off (PTO) pay
- 10 Paid Holidays annually
- 401K Company match up to 5% after one year of employment
- Education reimbursement, up to $1,500.00 annually after one year of employment
- BJ’s Wholesale Club membership
- Team Member Referral Bonus Program
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.