BUMPER TO BUMPER TRUCK TECHNICIAN
If you are an experienced Diesel Truck Mechanic seeking a career and a company you can grow with, look no further! We are looking for a Diesel Mechanic to service, maintain and repair trucks. This will involve everything from daily equipment checks to performing both minor and major repairs. This is a great opportunity that you don’t want to miss. See below for more details on the position and contact us directly for more information.
- Provide a full range of maintenance and repair services on the medium- and heavy-duty diesel trucks at your location in order to keep the vehicles we service in top form
- Diagnose engine problems.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Troubleshoot air system problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Bumper to bumper repairs.
- Making repairs to diesel trucks, including (but not limited to) repairing engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions and electrical systems.
- Diagnosing failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary.
- Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspecting brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other vital parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Filling out and submitting all required documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Needs to be comfortable functioning in a truly “Bumper to Bumper” role.
- 2+ years tractor/heavy equipment mechanical experience and the ability to provide own tools. Experience with medium to heavy duty diesel trucks (not regular automotive experience); reefer unit experience, a plus.
- Education/certifications are a plus. Years spent on education does count towards years of experience
- Understanding of diesel engine function
- General knowledge of EGR/emissions control systems
- General knowledge of foundation, air, and ABS brake systems
- General knowledge of DC electrical systems
- Experience with Freightliners or Detroit Engines a plus
- Experience with chassis’ and drivelines a plus
- Experience with hubs and wheel seals a plus
- Experience with air conditioning systems a plus
- Understand the importance of diagnosis and repair versus parts replacement
- Excellent work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- High level of professionalism
- Basic computer knowledge with good written communication skills
- High school diploma OR GED; Technical school degree, a plus
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have own tools.
- Reliable transportation to work
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities available for additional compensation!
- Company Paid Training Program
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance/FSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Tool Replacement Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accident Insurance
- Stable employment at a growing company that offers advancement opportunities!
Welcome to apply via this link or on our website www.bemana.us 504.201.5570