Bemana is searching for a Business Development Specialist looking to grow their career and knowledge with a rapidly growing organization. Our client is a dynamic, engineering-driven company whose goal is to design and produce superior products that help customers solve their needs for Packaging, Insulation and Componentry.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Specialist will be responsible for prospecting and acquiring new business, as well as managing and leveraging existing clientele across the United States within the Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) industry. They will be responsible for (1) developing new accounts, (2) nurturing and expanding existing accounts, and (3) meeting all assigned territory targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing the market and identifying business opportunities.
- Conducting competitor research to identify opportunities for new products and/or services.
- Developing effective strategies to increase brand awareness within target markets.
- Identifying potential clients and contacting them (cold calling) to develop relationships and gain new business.
- Developing and managing relationships with existing clients to ensure retention of business.
- Researching new technologies, regulations, and other factors that may affect the company’s business model.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs, desires, and concerns, then presenting solutions to meet those needs.
- Attending industry events to network with potential clients and partners.
- Driving sales to meet and exceed quarterly sales and profitability targets.
- Effectively drawing upon company resources throughout the sales and business development process to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Prospecting new accounts while maintaining (and growing) existing customer business.
- Engaging with Product Management, Marketing, Operations, and Finance to win and close competitive deals including responding to request for quotes.
- Driving current innovation opportunities and introducing additional new product development ideas to the organization and marketplace.
- Developing trusting customer relationships through consistent sales efforts (and executing on our promises).
- Working in conjunction with the direct sales team.
- Providing weekly updates of new projects.
- Participating in weekly pipeline review with immediate supervisor.
- Securing business via long term contracts or supply agreements, where possible.
- Hosting calls/meetings across all internal functions (on behalf of new/existing customers).
- Inputting custom projects into the Altor’s New Product Development (NPD) system.
- Completing RFQ form(s) as required to quote customers on new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.)
- 2+ years sales experience and/or training
- Business degree and sales experience in plastic container, rigid packaging or packaging solutions a plus and a strong knowledge of target markets preferred.
- A working knowledge of the EPS industry as it relates to foam products in the cold chain, packaging and componentry value chain is beneficial.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.