Bemana is searching for a Certified General Electrician to join the team of a well-established power gen/construction services company in Benicia/NorCal. The primary role of a General Electrician is to install electrical components for permanent applications. Position will require electrical equipment/component installation, load and unload, cleaning, organizing, digging, and stocking trucks and other manual labor as assigned.
- Review electrical installation blueprints to determine inventory and labor requirements to fulfill job.
- Ensure all needed equipment is correctly loaded prior to leaving for site.
- Communicate job requirements and timelines clearly and professionally with client and ensure client is aware of any unusual or mitigating circumstances affecting timeline or installation.
- Safely install electrical equipment and components in alignment with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Assess and report urgency of all needed repairs as well as accurately identifying any and all defective parts to be ordered including part numbers, serial numbers and photos.
- Correctly and safely use hand and power tools common to the industry, including but not limited to:
- Hammers, saws, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, drills, power saws, pneumatic or hydraulic powered tools, drill press, skill saw, band saw and other power tools common to construction in general and electrical installation in particular
- Provide on-site representation for the company on required bid invitation walks, site surveys or customer meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs require.
- Proven background of following established procedures as well as engaging in complex problem-solving to provide solutions to electrical issues in the field.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical theory and application.
- Communicate effectively with customers of varying levels of technical expertise to clearly explain issues, and solutions in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with employees at all levels within the company as well as with equipment manufacturers and other vendors.
- Organized and focused, managing their time well and not letting anything fall through the cracks.
- Must be California State Certified as a Journeyman Electrician
- A minimum of three years of experience installing common electrical components for temporary and permanent applications.
- Expertise in reading and interpreting engineered drawings, blueprints, and schematics.
- Must be available and willing to work various shifts, weekend, holidays and on call pager rotations. Occasional out of town travel with overnight stays will be required.
- Must be able to safely operate heavy equipment, forklifts, and mobile cranes accordance to OSHA regulations.
- If hired, must be able to verify eligibility to work in the United States and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must meet or exceed minimum DOT requirements to drive commercial vehicles, including but not limited to:
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Paid time off for volunteer work (up to 10 days)
- Training and mentoring
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid Time Off
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.