The CHP Commissioning and Service Technician will be responsible for the commissioning and maintenance of cogeneration, also called combined heat and power (CHP), systems. The ideal candidate will be a professional with experience in internal combustion engine and/or generator service, maintenance, repair, and overhaul.
- Commission new cogeneration systems
- Conduct routine service (inspections, functional checks, oil and spark plug changes) at regular intervals
- Perform factory-certified preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment defects, promptly restore equipment to full working order and performance after failures
- Participate in an on-call rotation and respond to 24-hour emergency calls for repairs and service
- Strong understanding of reciprocating generator design, including controls, electrical power systems, and heat exchangers. Knowledge of refrigeration cycles, chiller and boiler service experience are a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in industrial and power instrumentation and control, strong analytical skills, and an understanding of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance practice
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate complex technical information effectively to customers, a high degree of integrity and an ability to earn and sustain customer trust and confidence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent), relevant technical training or previous experience accepted
- Seven or more years’ experience in generator and engine service, repair, and overhaul. Reciprocating engine experience preferred
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.