Bemana is searching for a Construction Project Manager in SLC to join the team of a power generation/heavy equipment company. Our client offers great benefits, competitive pay, and a positive work environment.
- Interface with design engineers to ensure plans and specifications are done to company’s expectations and needs.
- Reviewing and verifying constructability of the plans and specifications.
- Provide support to sales staff for initial project estimates and bidding and qualifying subcontractors.
- Recommend qualified subcontractors for building construction.
- Manage bid process for subcontractors, including but not limited to.
- Recommend qualified subcontractors
- Prepare scope of work
- Send invitations to bid
- Review bid responses
- Negotiate scopes of work and final contract amounts
- Working with clients to obtain all Permits required to construct project.
- Prepare submittals for building construction plans and materials.
- Creating and enforcing a construction schedule that is tracked and updated daily with a constant monthly look ahead to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Respond to subcontractor or client project related questions.
- Prepare, estimate, verify and document change order requests.
- Direct and manage each of the subcontractor Superintendents and Project Engineers to maintain the performance of subcontractors and consultants on-site.
- Implementation of strict construction safety practices.
- Verify compliance with the plans and specifications, hosting weekly and monthly job site meetings as well as managing and conducting other duties necessary for the successful completion of the projects.
- Coordinate the installation of generation and balance of plant equipment and materials.
- Review monthly subcontractor invoices for accuracy and approval
- Attend monthly budget draw meetings, and cost to complete.
- Provide support for all Power Systems sales projects as needed
- Must be able and committed to work safely, including daily TRACK card usage and other actions to contribute to zero-accident, zero-injury company goals.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial construction.
- Experience with projects between $3MM-30MM.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Procore.
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including building plans and specifications.
- Ability to bid, negotiate and prepare scopes for subcontract agreements. Create and manage construction schedules, manage RFI’s and submittal process, and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management (preferred)
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.