Our client is a premier provider of critical infrastructure and back-up power solutions. They have an immediate need for a Level 4 DC Installer in their Houston, TX territory, with potential for work in other states as necessary. Under the general direction of and reporting to the Account Manager, the Level 4 DC Installer will work on DC power equipment, including the addition and removal of circuits on working live power distribution, testing and turn-up. In addition, the individual in this role must possess the leadership skills to manage a team of installers through all phases of a DC power system installation and serve as the job site supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute installation of sales transactions which address and provide product / applications solutions to complex business issues
- Perform work operations on working equipment or circuits without direct supervision by a Site Supervisor
- Perform direct current (DC) Controller Software adds or upgrades
- Be responsible for DC Power transition work (cut-over on live equipment)
- Add or remove telecom batteries
- Add or remove circuits on working power distribution sources
- Perform equipment testing and turn-up
- Oversee volatile work activities inside energized equipment
- Be responsible for additions, removals, wiring connections, and modifications on working equipment and circuits
- Add or remove common systems equipment/hardware
- Add or remove wiring and connections on non-working equipment only
- Lead verification (voltage)
- Analyze job specifications and engineering drawings
- Resolve job specifications and/or engineering drawing problems
- Prepare all required customer forms
- Correct office record drawings
- Perform in-process and final quality inspections
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines
- Communicate with the Project Manager on all aspects of the job throughout the duration of the job (may be asked to communicate directly with customer at times.
- Provide work assignments to crew
Qualified candidates will possess the ability and willingness to do the following:
- Travel approximately 100%
- Work different shifts (swing shifts)
- Lift at least 40 lbs.
- Use a lifting technique to maneuver, install or remove 80-750 lb. batteries
- Push or pull cables up to 60 lbs.
- Climb ladders up to 8 ft.
- Work/stand on ladders for long periods of time
- Stand continuously
- Frequently reach above, below or at shoulder level
- Frequently bend, twist or stoop
- Frequently crouch or squat
- Be exposed to central office / cable office environment with moderate noise levels and nominal variations in heat and cold
- Work with computers that result in extensive exposure to Personal Computers (PC) and Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) screens
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in DC power equipment installation
- Minimum of 4 years of experience adding or removing wiring and connections on non-equipment on DC power equipment or telecom batteries (skill sets for a Level III installer)
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.