Our client has an immediate need for a Level 4 DC Installer in their North Eastern/ Ohio territory, with potential for work in other states as necessary. Under the general direction of and reporting to the Account/Project Manager, the Level 4 DC Installer will work on DC power equipment, including the addition and removal of circuits on working live power distribution, testing and turn-up. In addition, the individual in this role must possess the leadership skills to manage a team of installers through all phases of a DC power system installation and serve as the job site supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute installation of sales transactions which address and provide product / applications solutions to complex business issues
- Perform work operations on working equipment or circuits without direct supervision by a Site Supervisor
- Perform direct current (DC) Controller Software adds or upgrades
- Be responsible for DC Power transition work (cut-over on live equipment)
- Add or remove telecom batteries
- Add or remove circuits on working power distribution sources
- Perform equipment testing and turn-up
- Oversee volatile work activities inside energized equipment
- Be responsible for additions, removals, wiring connections, and modifications on working equipment and circuits
- Add or remove common systems equipment/hardware
- Add or remove wiring and connections on non-working equipment only
- Lead verification (voltage)
- Analyze job specifications and engineering drawings
- Resolve job specifications and/or engineering drawing problems
- Prepare all required customer forms
- Correct office record drawings
- Perform in-process and final quality inspections
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines
- Communicate with the Project Manager on all aspects of the job throughout the duration of the job (may be asked to communicate directly with customer at times.
- Provide work assignments to crew
- Travel approximately 100%
- Work different shifts (swing shifts)
- The installer may be required to work in various weather conditions (heat, rain, snow, high humidity, etc.)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts as well as performance on live electrical systems.