Bemana is searching for a Level 3 DC Technician / Outside Plant Technician to join the team of a nationwide power and infrastructure solutions company. Under the general direction of and reporting to the Program Manager, the Level 3 DC Technician / Outside Plant Technician will be responsible for preventive maintenance and the emergency repair of passive equipment and hardware located inside of the outdoor cabinets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform preventative maintenance on distribution networks by conducting routine maintenance on exterior/interior enclosures, air conditioning coils and filters
- Lubricate all moving parts within structure
- Inspect and record output temperature at evaporator
- Test alarm transmissions, and test and record data for rectifier and inverter
- Verify no alarms are present with the responsible monitoring party
- Verify there are no existing alarms on transport equipment
- Apply a unique site ID label
- Inventory infrastructure equipment for optimal operational needs
- Test and replace batteries as necessary
- Test grounds and torque all accessible connections
- Verify proper wire connections and routing – correct as necessary
- Check for voltage drop at equipment
- Exercise transfer switch with backup generator
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in DC power equipment installation
- Minimum of 4 years of experience adding or removing wiring and connections on non-equipment on DC power equipment or telecom batteries (skill sets for a Level III installer)
- Travel approximately 100%
- Bucket truck experience preferred, ability to operated bucket truck required.
- Work different shifts (swing shifts), including nights and weekends, and ability to be on-call
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Safety and Security-Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to or more than 50 pounds.
- Continually work near moving mechanical parts.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard and laptop.
- Consistently work/stand on ladders for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a lifting technique to maneuver, install or remove 80-750 lb. batteries.
- Be exposed to outdoor environments with moderate noise levels and nominal variations in heat and cold.
- Work with computers that result in extensive exposure to Personal Computers (PC) and Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) screens
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.