An Electric Motor Mechanic for our client is responsible for the disassembly, inspection and testing of electric motors as they come into client’s repair facility from customers. Subsequently electric motor mechanics also assemble electric motors, electrical test, and full voltage test run electric motors prior to their return to client’s customers. Client repairs AC, DC, Synchronous, Horizontal, Vertical, etc. electric motors from 1/3 horsepower through 25,000+ horsepower; from 230v through 13,800v AC. We repair electric motors from a variety of industries including steel mills, power plants, paper mills, chemical companies, cement plants, etc.
- To complete the disassembly on assigned work, with the usability of all parts determined and documented in a manner consistent with the client’s. safety, quality and productivity standards and conformance with individual customer’s exception reports.
- To complete reassembling procedures on assigned work in a manner consistent with the client safety, quality and productivity standards and conformance with individual customer’s exception reports.
- Perform all work as designated and determined by the immediate supervisor.
- Perform all training tasks appointed by the immediate supervisor.
- Perform incoming inspections including the performance of electrical tests and measurements of parts to determine usability.
- Complete the required inspection forms.
- Identification and ordering of the parts and equipment to be replaced.
- Maintain storage practices and product identification procedures as determined by client’s standards.
- Notify supervisor of any problem that may exist or occur if work can not be performed and completed as described.
- Perform all assigned work consistent with client’s. standards and published customer exception reports.
- Follow and promote company procedures and practices as explained in the client employee handbook.
- Maintain strict housekeeping practices in any area where assigned work is being performed.
- Adhere to company published attendance program.
- Be cteous and helpful to fellow employees and customers when asked for help and advise.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and forms that are required by client standards and quality requirements.
- Familiarity with Meggers (insulation resistance testing), hi-potential testing, ohm meters, bar to bar testers, micrometers, and AC and DC test panels is preferred.
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “apply” button below. We will contact all eligible candidates for a face-to-face interview with one of our representatives. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 225.773.5278.
If your profile does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our representatives, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the power industry while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.