Bemana is searching for a Electrical CAD Designer in Eden Prairie, MN to join the team of a 100% employee-owned ESOP and one of the largest and most well-established (40+ years) engineering companies in the United States.The Electrical Designer will prepare clear, complete, and accurate documentation with accuracy, attention to detail and within budget restraints. This position will include creating routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, diagrams, & schematics from rough or detailed sketches, or notes for engineering according to defined CAD standards.
- Advanced knowledge of Electrical concepts. (UL508, NFPA, Etc.)
- Advanced knowledge base of AutoCAD Electrical. (Lisp, Visual Basic experience is a plus)
- General working knowledge of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Effective knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate with the engineering team and other designers via phone, email, etc.
- Ability to work with multiple CAD Standards.
- Attention to detail, and product pride.
- Works independently, with very basic information or direction from project engineers.
- AAS degree in Computer Aided Drafting/ Design or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Drafting/Design experience in Electrical concepts and terminology (i.e., Ladder, Loop and PID diagrams).
- 5+ years experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical.
- 5+ years drafting experience in the electrical field.
- Control Panel design experience required.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow general and specific industry guidelines and best practices.
- Read, learn, and apply the general and client specific CAD Standards to all drawings.
- Utilize knowledge of CAD software to complete drawings.
- Draft finished designs from engineer’s sketches or from other engineering documentation.
- Visually compare design of component, or other equipment with datasheet of component, matching electrical terminations, etc. for accurate drafting of component.
- After preliminary drafting is completed, print out the drawing sets for quality assurance review following company procedures.
- Review questions or concerns with engineer or project manager and redline drawing set accordingly.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with the team leader and with management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality, with no errors.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed by and for company. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Treat all company and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Inform supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and AutoCAD.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.