Our client has provided quality paper products and service for over 35 years and is currently looking for an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer to join their team. This company produces paper products from recycled content for gypsum board paper covering, bakery boxes, and more.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
- Design, commission, troubleshoot, and support industrial controls & electrical infrastructures.
- Learn, create, and optimize company standards for electrical & controls systems installs, procedures, safety, programming, & training.
- Develop and maintain electrical documentation & drawings.
- Work closely with engineering & production to optimize controls.
- Oversee contractors during installation to ensure work is accomplished in a safe & timely manner.
- Manage vendors to ensure deliveries meet deadlines and meet required specifications.
- Assist with or lead problem solving activities & discussions with production, management, and maintenance staff.
- Research & identify new manufacturing technologies as they become available; Communicate new ideas to Management.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving, quality, safety, production, efficiencies, and costs.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Develop and implement innovative systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Ensure projects are completed on time & financial budgets are followed.
ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCY IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Control Panels
- Distribution systems
- Electrical Safety (Arch Flash – NFPA70E)
- Electrical Fault Studies
- Site electrical One-Line diagrams
- Motor Control Center (MCC) design
- Power Monitoring systems
PLC SYSTEMS AND HARDWARE:
- Relay logic,
- Wiring I/O in control systems
- Wireless communications, wireless and wiring & programming various types of instrumentation, understanding of control logic, etc. is preferred.
CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF AUTOMATION COMPONENTS, SUCH AS:
- VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives)
- PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- HMI’s (Human Machine Interface)
- Web Reports
- Connect string
- User Interface
- Ability to communicate effectively process concepts to internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of statistics is desirable. Able to calculate Power and other electrical calculations for sizing of circuits, breakers, and wire.
- Must be able to apply general requirements into action as it applies to the plant. Should be able to work in a team environment to accomplish goals and complete projects.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Understand Process control fundamentals and translate those principles into code.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- PLC Programming
- Fundamental understanding of network routers, switches, IP addressing & subnetting
- Electrical Circuits & Design
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Detail orientated.
- Effective analytical and problems solving skills.
- Creative and innovative.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Communications and Industrial Technology. At least three (3) years of industry experience or similar work or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.