Support Systems Engineering, Product, and Development Engineering by generating mechanical and electrical documentation for Manufacturing and the Customer.
- Prepare the electrical and mechanical drawing package using computer based CAD tools for System projects or Product designs to meet the sales order requirements.
- Work closely with System Engineer on assigned projects to meet the project timeline and support completion of tasks on Design Verification Checklist.
- Perform and document all project calculations as part of electro-mechanical design.
- Prepare the electrical and mechanical drawing package for System designs to meet the technical and marketing requirements.
- Reconcile bills of material to the electrical and mechanical drawing package.
- Prepare concept drawings for sales presentations and quotations.
- Perform routine electrical and mechanical design by complying with internal design standards and guidelines.
- Create fabrication drawing package for external parts manufacturing and answer questions from vendor.
- Create assembly drawing package for internal manufacturing and answer questions from manufacturing.
- Participate in product and system design reviews, as assigned, and update documentation to reflect approved changes
- Understand recorded changes during manufacturing and update drawings to create As Built documentation.
- Save and maintain project documentations in proper locations in Autodesk Vault and on the internal network.
- Participate in System project kickoff meetings on assigned projects.
- Maintain proficiency and work to improve skills with AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical and Vault applications.
CAD Tool Development – Develop improved use of CAD tools (AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical and Vault applications) by documenting instructions for better use of the applications. Train other CAD users in the improvements. Answer questions and help resolve problems that arise with CAD applications.
- Compliance with all safety requirements
- Compliance with all ISO quality procedures
- Communicate with other departments in support of company goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree: Bachelors or Associates degree
- Major: Technical discipline preferred
- Experience designing electrical systems and understanding of schematic drawings and techniques.
- Experience designing mechanical components for industrial equipment.
- Experience with layout and assembly of NFPA 79, UL 508 and or IEC 61349 industrial control panels.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor (2020 or newer).
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical (2020 or newer).
- Experience using AutoCAD (2020 or newer).
- Written Communication Skills
- Ability to See
- Technical Communication
- Ability to See Depth
- Math Aptitude
- PC Literate
- Project Management
- Computer Aided Design