Our client is a worldwide supplier of space solar cells and panels that are among the most efficient and lightest in the world. These products provide power for Earth-orbiting and interplanetary spacecraft, and enable a wide range of missions that are both of vital importance to society and impact nearly every person on Earth. The company’s space solar cells have supplied power to over 1000 successful space missions, have flown closer to the sun than any other, have provided more solar power for the exploration of Mars than any other, and have even powered spacecraft aimed at re-directing potential Earth-bound asteroids.
Our client has an immediate opening for a Facilities Tech III – Electrician to work nights: C Shift, 6:00pm – 6:30am, Sunday – Tuesday and every other Saturday.
This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, upkeep and troubleshooting of assigned facilities electrical equipment and other facilities systems to ensure that the equipment is running safely and efficiently to meet production objectives. Works on assignments that require considerable judgment and initiative. Works with Facility Mgt. on planning and implementation of improvement projects. Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of electrical conduit, wiring and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and ensure uptime on all applicable facilities equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance & repair/calibration of one or more key process equipment & systems
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, specifications, drawings and verbal instructions
- Understands capacity of equipment & analyzes problems also suggest/implements repairs.
- Understands & follows all safety & cleanroom procedures
- Supports team members, and assists in training others as required
- Deploys the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work.
- Participation with the Emergency Response Team
- Develop, document & maintain corporate facility programs for compliance.
- Provide technical assistance and support to management and divisions.
- Provide training and educational resources to implement Facilities programs.
- Interprets Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations applicable to operations and inform management of implication.
- Identify nonconformance, & participate in finding solution
- Must be able to complete training and testing required to perform work while utilizing a Full Face Air Purifying Respirator (APR) and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
- Support production equipment installation and facilitation.
- Ability to serve as member of Emergency Response Team
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use your skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is for the fully qualified, career-oriented, journeyman-level position.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to identify problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Extensive knowledge of job-related local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to prioritize & efficiently complete multiple tasks
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze problems, identifies possible solutions, and develops implementation plans.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree (AS) or equivalent technical certificate in electrical systems/equipment.
- New Mexico Electrician Journeyman license with 4 years’ field experience is highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of facilities systems including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, high purity and waste water is desired
- Familiarity high voltage, compressed gas systems, and gas control systems.
- Understanding of electro-pneumatics, digital and analog electronics, and control systems
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, (semiconductor manufacturing preferred)
- Familiarity with CCTV, fire and security alarm systems is a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly required to use hands.
- Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to warm, cold and outdoor temperatures, fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently required to work with and around chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Cleanroom protocol is required.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.