Our client is a worldwide supplier of space solar cells and panels that are among the most efficient and lightest in the world. These products provide power for Earth-orbiting and interplanetary spacecraft, and enable a wide range of missions that are both of vital importance to society and impact nearly every person on Earth. The company’s space solar cells have supplied power to over 1000 successful space missions, have flown closer to the sun than any other, have provided more solar power for the exploration of Mars than any other, and have even powered spacecraft aimed at re-directing potential Earth-bound asteroids.
Our client has an immediate need for a Facilities Technician to assist a full-time, 4/10s schedule.
This position performs a wide variety of maintenance, troubleshooting and installation of piping systems related to the function and operation of a semiconductor plant and facility including gasses, chemicals, compressed air, water and waste streams. This position also performs installation, maintenance and repair on HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment and manufacturing support systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Fabricate, modify and installation of piping systems related to the function and operation of a semiconductor plant and facility including gasses, chemicals, compressed air, water and waste streams.
- Evaluates and resolves troubleshooting and repair of all facility/HVAC equipment and systems.
- Monitors and assures that environmental standards for clean room operation are maintained.
- Performs facility equipment operational and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Works with engineers to resolve issues or plan for acquiring/installing new equipment or systems.
- Assumes leadership role in training and support of new technicians.
- Monitors facility/HVAC systems and suggests modifications for improvement.
- Maintain facility data collection requirements and procedures.
- Identifies nonconformance when they occur and participates in finding the solution to the non-conformance.
- Deploys the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work.
- Supports Facilities shut down and projects off shift as scheduled by department management.
- Serve as member of Emergency Response Team.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Duties are often performed at elevated heights and are performed indoors and out.
- Other appropriate activities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use your skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is for the fully qualified, career-oriented, journeyman level position.
- Must be proficient in the following welding and fabrication skills; Orbital, Arc, Tig, Mig and Poly-Plastic Welding.
- Must be able to support pipe-fitting projects with the following skills: layout, cutting, threading, bending and fabrication. Experience and skills working with process and hi-purity piping are a plus.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems maintenance.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions including drawing and print interpretation and application.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Write and communicate passdown between shifts.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree (AS) or equivalent technical certificate in welding, pipe fitting, mechanical systems/equipment training. BS or BA in related field preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience with minimum of 3 years of experience in pipe fitting and orbital, flat and hand welding.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of facilities systems including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, high purity gas and water and waste water systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment, or a related trade.
- Understanding of mechanical, electro-pneumatics, digital and analog electronics, and working knowledge of Automated Building Controls is a plus.
- Familiar with motor controls, compressed air and gas systems, and gas control systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with CCTV, fire and security alarm systems is a plus.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.