We are recruiting for a large, well-established generator service company who is looking for a Field Service Supervisor in the Sacramento, San Francisco and San Jose areas. If you are a generator technician looking to move into a lead role, this opportunity is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise and direct the work of assigned service technicians.
- Perform PM services and emergency maintenance
- First point of contact for phone and field support for assigned technicians, including troubleshooting, emergency repair assistance and parts delivery. Escalate technical support needs to the Service Director for resolution when needed.
- Evaluate the performance of assigned service technicians; recommend, develop and administer training enhancements to improve technical knowledge and overall performance.
- Provide coaching and feedback to assigned technicians and recommend opportunities and timing for potential growth.
- Evaluate members of your team who can provide field support and mentorship to other service technicians and assign these duties as you see fit.
- Work with Broadband Service Director to resolve employee performance or behavioral issues effectively.
- Work with Broadband service management to determine personnel needs for field service technicians. Participate in the recruiting and hiring of field service technicians.
- Provide field service and emergency response to critical customers.
- Startup, troubleshoot, repair and maintain power generation equipment as necessary.
- Support the planning and quoting of complex service projects.
- Assist the Service Manager in the administration of the Generac warranty process.
- Advise the service operations team on the time and materials needed to perform various levels of service on generators and related equipment.
- Make ‘pre-startup’ site visits when necessary to advise and assist installing contractors.
- Work with the Technical Service Manager to execute the quality control (QC) program for the company, ensuring targets are achieved through proper documentation.
- Measure, review and maintain superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Provide support for after-hours emergency requests as needed.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Generac Master Technician certification and training certification required
- High level of expertise and expertise with switchgear
- Positive attitude and strong customer service skills required
- Ability to manage a team of technicians
- Overnight travel may be required