Bemana is searching for a Heavy Equipment/Diesel Mechanic in Spokane, WA to join the team our client, a Heavy Civil Construction Company that specializes in concrete paving and rehabilitation of airfields, highways, and city streets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct safety inspections on vehicles.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs routine welding and fabrication work on vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Performs repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment.
- Interacts with vehicle and equipment operators to help determine service and repair needs.
- Maintains shop and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains accurate and complete work orders.
- Diagnoses, services and repairs various systems that are found on pieces of heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in the equipment and repair.
- Overhauls engines, replaces engines and rebuild components.
- May assist in training lower-level workers in mechanical repair techniques.
- Road test vehicles.
- Ownership of all tools that would ensure the proficiency in performing his or her duties. The minimum requirement must include a full a full set of sockets and wrenches up to two inches.
- Must have a valid CDL driver’s license and medical card or ability to get a CDL.
- Skilled in use of a variety of hand tools.
- Skilled in the use of an acetylene torch and electric welding equipment.
- Skill in use of mechanized tools, jacks and hoists.
- Thorough working knowledge of heavy equipment parts, maintenance and terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical concepts and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Thorough knowledge of practices, methods, equipment, materials and tools used in construction and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals and schematics.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and hydraulic malfunctions.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.