The Sales Engineer focuses on industrial applications from 20kW to 4MW, including related equipment (transfer switches, switchgear, etc). The customer base includes engineers, electrical contractors, end-users and OEMs, among others.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving quarterly sales quotas, including providing quotes, working with customer’s point person to ensure proper equipment and delivery, securing payment for jobs and providing support through the equipment warranty period.
- Drives sales with targeted customer types in identified verticals, as well as identifying pull-through opportunities with existing accounts in shared geography.
- Identifies backup power opportunities in target markets to secure the business.
- Makes joint sales calls with appropriate technical/engineering sales resources – providing in-depth technical knowledge of the solutions we have to offer
- Develops long-term relationships with customer decision makers and influencers at the electrical contractor, engineer and building owner levels
- Negotiates and closes deals which derive significant revenue and associated margins
- Maintains customer/project data in Customer Relationship Management software (CRM): Tracks active projects for weekly and monthly reporting, documenting of business development activity, and obstacles to success.
- Creates take off’s and work ups to transfer customer needs into a quotable finished goods solution and manage price/margin parameters including supplier costing/discounting/term and conditions.
- Represents company in local, regional, and national tradeshows, working groups, and seminars.
- Respects sales policies and guidelines developed to enable co-existence of multiple sales personnel in the same geography.
- Assist in annual sales forecast, develops and implements sales and business development strategies to exceed forecasted goals.
- Keeps abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Performs all related duties as required
Minimum Education, Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven passion and success in sales required
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Possess a strong customer services focus with good verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven competency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight travel as required
- Possess and maintain a current, valid state driver’s license
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “apply” button below. We will contact all eligible candidates for a face-to-face interview with one of our representatives. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact Emily Merkel at 504.201.5570.
If your profile does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our representatives, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the power industry while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you