Our client is looking for a talented Field Service Technician in the Birmingham, AL area who can hit the ground running. As a Field Service Technician, you will possess strong electric motor/generator repair skills and perform vibration signature analysis, thermographic imaging and various electrical tests as you diagnose and repair units.
- Inspect and test various electro-mechanical equipment
- Perform electrical tests using portable electronic equipment including but not limited to: Megger®, PdMA MCE, Multimeter, and DLRO.
- Install/Remove AC and DC electric motors, laser align equipment, read precision measuring tools such as micrometers, replace sleeve and anti-friction bearings, set seals, air gap, torque critical components to proper torque specs
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment utilizing bead blasting, ice blasting, and solvent cleaning
- Ensure a professional environment utilizing customer facing skills
- Complete assigned work in compliance with operative policies and procedures
- Perform work in compliance with operating policies and procedures
- PdMA testing experience preferred
- Level I Vibration Analysis preferred
- 2+ years of AC/DC motor experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow standardized work procedures and apply strong analytical problem-solving dynamics in a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Strong customer focus with professional communication
- Available and willing to work flexible hours, overtime and weekends as required, willingness to be on call
- Ability to perform math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division including understanding fractions and percentages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel locally and overnight
What’s in it for you:
Our client offers competitive compensation, technical training and the opportunity for advancement. Its benefit plans include comprehensive medical coverage and plan options, like Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts with automatic Employer contributions, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a Refer-A-Friend Program with a cash bonus.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the equipment and industrial sectors while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.