Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercise and promote safety
- Trouble-shoot hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems
- Perform fabrication, welding, torch cutting, light carpentry duties and other maintenance functions as required
- Perform PM per schedule
- Install, maintain, repair or rebuild complicated machine tools and special purpose machines and plant equipment under minimal supervision
- Disassemble problem equipment and determine extent of repairs necessary; repair, refit, or replace worn or defective parts
- Perform all required maintenance of heavy machinery, as well as building maintenance
- Possess a good knowledge of hydraulic circuits, pneumatic circuits, as well as the ability to read and comprehend mechanical blueprints and schematics
- Weld and fabricate
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively listen and communicate ideas and thoughts to others; able to assimilate ideas originated by others
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to carry out and communicate written and/or oral instructions
- Physical Abilities: Regularly required to stand, walk and use hands; must be able to lift 50 pounds any time during his/her shift; the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Minimum Education: HS Diploma or GED preferred; additional training, degrees, or diplomas in industrial maintenance or a related discipline is preferred
- Minimum Experience: At least 5 years’ experience as a heavy industrial millwright and/or maintenance mechanical technician; at least 5 years’ experience as a welding/fabricating technician skilled in SMAW, MIG, and TIG
- Certifications Required: Aerial lift certification; Confined spaces certification; Crane certification; Fall protection certification; Forklift certification; Hot workers certification; Lock-out/Tag-out certification; Pallet jack certification (certifications completed during new hire orientation)
- Schedule: 3rd shift – Weekdays Nights: M-W one week and M-Th the next 7p-7a or Weekend Nights: Th-Su one week and Fr-Su the next week 7p-7a
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.