A manual machinist is responsible for manufacturing and repairing mechanical components related to electric motors. Working with Lathes, Mills, Dial indicators, micrometers, etc. A manual machinist will create and machine parts to the correct sizes and tolerances. Our client repairs electric motors from a variety of industries including steel mills, power plants, paper mills, chemical companies, cement plants, and many other manufacturing plants.
- To machine parts to predetermined specifications in a manner consistent with our client’s safety, quality and productivity standards and conformance with individual customer’s exception reports.
- To manufacture new parts on assigned work in a manner consistent with our client’s safety, quality and productivity standards and conformance with individual customer’s exception reports.
- Perform all work as designated and determined by the immediate supervisor. (Machine Shop Team Leader)
- Perform all training tasks appointed by the immediate supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance on all machinery used by the machine department.
- Complete the required Data forms.
- Complete all assigned work within specifications set by the job requirements.
- Maintain storage practices and product identification procedures.
- Notify supervisor of any problem that may exist or occur if work can not be performed and completed as described.
- Perform all assigned work consistent with our client’s standards and published customer exception reports.
- Maintain company property and equipment and advise the need for correction and repair.
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “Apply” button below. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (225) 773.5278
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the equipment and industrial sectors while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.