Bemana is searching for a Mechanic IV in the in the Raleigh/Durham Metro area to join the team of well-established construction materials supplier and contractor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Mechanic IV will be responsible for repairing, maintaining, and assembling diesel and gasoline powered equipment.
- Overhauls gas and diesel engines and other major power train components utilizing the latest technical information.
- Test-drives required equipment to verify and confirm repairs.
- Fabricates lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Assists with parts inventory.
- Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; standard practices or procedures allow employee to proceed alone at routine work.
- Completes all required company, state, and federal paperwork. Maintains accurate system records of labor time, work completed and parts and supplies used in Computerized Maintenance Management Information System software (CMMIS).
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to read and interpret documents, in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization in English.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have intermediate knowledge obtained through training or work experience.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to utilize maintenance and inventory software and perform data input and retrieval.
- Must be able to have basic knowledge of diagnostic procedures utilizing manufacturers’ software and hardware to gauge machine health.
- Must be able to have full understanding of preventive maintenance and inspection procedures including a basic knowledge of filtration, fluids and analysis.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Certificate or Degree program from a two (2) year college or technical school preferred.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training required.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.