Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of aerospace products, and supplies aircraft manufacturers and their subcontractors worldwide and has served the aircraft industry for over four decades. This company specializes in 2000- and 7000-series alloys and offers a full range of alloys and tempers that can be tailored to a customer’s particular application.
If you are looking to work for a company with an outstanding reputation in the community and globally that offers competitive pay, opportunities for advancement, paid time off, excellent benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) company match, and profit sharing, we welcome you to apply today!
Under minimal supervision, this position is a key technical resource for the facility. This multi-functional role includes various responsibilities in production, research and development, process improvement, and laboratory support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to senior metallurgical staff related to various customer qualifications and advanced product planning initiatives.
- Provide Metallurgical Lab support including product dispositioning, lab systems, lab procedure maintenance & development, etc.
- Provide Metallurgical project support related to large and small press extrusions including metallurgical trials, continuous improvement projects, regular reporting of product SPC, failure analysis, etc.
- Perform appropriate data analysis (i.e., control charts, histograms, regression, DOE, etc.) to understand and improve upon product capabilities and control and to maintain compliance to the appropriate material and process specifications.
- Maintain compliance of processes and procedures to customer and industry specifications.
- Interpret customer specifications and other contractual documents and implement the applicable requirements.
- Develop and conduct training for employees.
- Support other QA and Metallurgy staff functions as appropriate.
- Complies with all safety, health, and environmental policies rules and regulations. Including familiarity and understanding of JSA’s and BSA’s for related work areas.
- Performs other required duties as needed in addition to the essential responsibilities described above.
- At minimum, a B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, Metallurgy, or a related field is required.
- 3 or more years of experience is preferred; however recent graduates are acceptable with demonstrated abilities in leadership and project management. Strong candidates will have hard alloy and/or extrusion experience.
- Ability to work indirectly with Continuous Improvement, Planning and Production to support the plant technical objectives. This position may have numerous contacts with customers and suppliers on a variety of technical tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization. Must be able to resolve conflict with internal or external sources always in the utmost professional manner.
- Mathematical skills: Commiserate with an engineering degree. Experience in process, thermodynamic modeling, or advanced statistical analysis is a plus.
- Reasoning skills: Must possess excellent reasoning skills to solve technical and personnel problems.
- Computer Skills: Advanced MS Office skills at minimum. Advanced database and programming skills is a plus.
- Physical Abilities: Regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands; must be able to lift 50 pounds at any time during his/her shift; the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monday – Friday with weekend work as needed
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.