FULL-SERVICE distributor of power generation systems looking for a GENERATOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE. This person will service customers seeking emergency standby and/or prime power generation solutions. Successful candidate will have sales experience in related industries such as commercial electrical contracting or electrical power generation, experience selling energy solutions a definite plus.
- Manages customer relationships to achieve sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory or account.
- Sells company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
- Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Develops relationships to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.
- Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
- Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to less experienced sales representatives.
- Focus On Customer Needs – Able to leverage network of customer contacts to attain customer specific information that will provide useful in making informed business decisions and increase understanding of customer needs.
- Account Planning – Is able to develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs, and measure progress. Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools that support account planning as well as customer loyalty.
- Sales Calls – Able to formulate sales call plans, conduct calls according to plans, gather information and negotiate terms of sale. Able to coach others.
- Manage Customer Relationships – Manages customer interactions and relationships to maximize sales opportunities.
- Utilizes appointment and customer contact management software.
- Able to coach others to develop effective contact management habits.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers.
- Sales Negotiations – Able to identify negotiating tactics used by customers and how to manage them.
- Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools that can be utilized during negotiations.
- Can recognize the balance of power within a negotiation and has the skills to alter that balance. Drives toward collaborative relationships (i.e. win/win relationships).
- At least 2 years of relevant sales experience required and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Technical background in generators, engines, and related components highly preferred.
- Basic to intermediate technical knowledge required to perform job successfully
- Sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong work ethic and high sense of motivation.
- Competent knowledge of business software systems, such as BMS, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service Focus with experience in customer problem resolution.