We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative on behalf of a well-established and regional company in the electric motor and rotating equipment industry. The ideal candidate would live in/around Jacksonville, FL and be responsible for business in Northern Florida (and other territories as assigned).
As an Outside Sales Rep, you will be responsible for B2B sales of products and field services related to electro-mechanical and rotating equipment in your assigned territory. The company is looking for a driven individual who is excited about sales and growing business in the Northern Florida region.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Outside, business to business sales of products, field service of electro-mechanical, rotating equipment to industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet web sites, and other sources.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, talk with customers, in person or by phone, or other electronic methods.
- Display and demonstrate products, using samples or catalogs, emphasizing differentiating features.
- Qualify customers.
- Project business through research and past experience.
- Prepare reports of business transactions, keeping expense accounts.
- Work with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Communicate with shop and field service on customer requests and job status updates.
- Make cold calls to prospective customers.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems, deliveries, or product issues.
- Attend trade shows.
- Meet or exceed yearly territory revenue targets as assigned by General Manager.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Engineering studies is preferred, Master’s in Business Administration a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software; Database software and Contact Management systems (Salesforce or similar CRM).
- You don’t need to have it all in order to be qualified for this position – those with Inside Sales experience are encouraged to apply!
- Competitive salary.
- 401k + 3% employer match.
- Health, Dental & Vision.
- 8 paid holidays.
- Short-term disability.
- Vehicle/car allowance.
- Excellent company culture.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.