Bemana is searching for a Plant Manager in Jefferson, GA. Our client is a dynamic, engineering-driven company whose goal is to design and produce superior products that help customers solve their needs for Packaging, Insulation and Componentry.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management and direction of the day-to-day business operations, ensuring sales and production objectives are met at the lowest cost consistent with product quality requirements, while maintaining high safety standards and ensuring all legal and regulatory compliance. Develops business plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to support growth to annual sales volumes through delegating authority to key direct reports and utilizing inputs from cross-functional peers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Strong production floor presence. Responsible for managing the site safety and environmental compliance programs and for ensuring that all employees adhere to these policies, including basic housekeeping and 5S.
• Direct functional responsibility for safety, quality, production scheduling, production, maintenance, tooling, and engineering.
• Demonstrated proficiency in P&L statement analysis and with budget responsibility of driving year-over-year cost reductions.
• Coordinates development of long and short-range plans with corporate operations staff including annual budgets and strategic plans.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with, and maintain effective relationships with, all functional departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
• Must possess and effectively apply intellect, judgment, and management skills to achieve desired business performance results.
• Determines facility policies consistent with corporate policies and directs/supervises the application of these policiesfor the site, while working in concert with onsite cross-functional peers.
• Ensure compliance with the production schedule to meet or exceed customer service requirements.
• May have direct contact with customers on complaints and service matters as required.
• Carefully prepare, review and forward for approval all requests for capital equipment consistent with Company policy.
• Works closely with cross-functional peers in Sales, Customer Care, Quality and Human Resources to support local and Company-wide business initiatives.
• Responsible for the site’s ISO and/or Quality Management Program.
• Direct oversight of plant maintenance program, including preventative maintenance program, critical spare parts inventory, plant systems room and overall equipment reliability.
• Ensure all personnel matters, including salary actions and disciplinary actions, are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner and in accordance with Company policy.
• Represents the Company in the community and promotes the Company’s goodwill and interest in community activities.
• Responsible for site compliance for both internal and external regulatory requirements in safety, health, and environment.
Education Requirements/Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, operational management or other technical disciplines; formal training in at least one continuous improvement discipline (i.e. Lean or Six Sigma).
• 5+ years leadership experience in industrial manufacturing operations with proven track record for high performance results.
• Experience with foam molding or shaping operations is preferred
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.