We are seeking a Power Systems Applications Engineer on behalf of a well-established family owned business in Salt Lake City. Our client is a 40+ year-old company focusing on motor, VFD, and generator sales and service with offices in multiple states.
This role will focus on generator sales with the goal of building credibility, influencing specifications, and identifying value engineering options for quoting/bidding. This position requires both technical office work, such as reviewing specifications and submittals, as well as field sales work, such as sales calls and teaching opportunities.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with both an internal team and with customers in order to solve their problems. They have an engineering degree and background, but want to engage and help to drive sales. They are also willing to take charge of the generator product line and push for improvements and continual growth.
- Work with branch managers, account managers, inside sales, BidSpec, and other teams to develop a strategy to target end users, engineers, and contractors.
- Prepare proposals within customer deadlines using vendor software, sales catalogs and cost estimates according to technical and performance requirements.
- Aid in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems when necessary.
- Articulate technical features of products and assist customers in proper selection and sizing.
- Work closely with sales, and vendors to facilitate the sales effort and meet customer requirements.
- Utilize available tools (email, CRM, marketing materials, etc.) for customer reach-out and prospecting.
- Works well with customers and team members.
- Able to communicate well and convey information tailored to the audience’s knowledge level.
- Comfortable with PowerPoint, Excel, CRM/ERP tools, and other technology needed to be successful.
- Proactively develops goals and tasks to help move branch and company metrics and goals forward.
- Able to learn and grow in new products and services as needed.
- Experience in generators, power systems, or similar field
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Sales or similar experience a plus
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.