We are seeking a Power Systems Sales Engineer on behalf of a well established client in the motor, VFD, and generator sales and service industry. Our client has offices across the western United States that this position may travel to, although it will be based in Salt Lake City, UT.
This role will focus on generator sales with the goal of building credibility, influencing specifications, and identifying value engineering options for quoting/bidding. This position requires both technical office work, such as reviewing specifications and submittals, as well as field sales work, such as sales calls and teaching opportunities.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with both an internal team and with customers in order to solve their problems. We are looking for a person with an engineering degree and background, but want to engage and help to drive sales. This person is also willing to take charge of the generator product line and push for improvements and continual growth.
- Managing the Generac industrial products to assure short and long-term sales and profit targets.
- Own product vision, goals, strategy and roadmaps for the team, and be accountable for a clear set of business and product metrics.
- Develop a rolling tactical plan for Generac Industrial products and measure execution.
- Aid in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems when necessary.
- Work with branch managers, account managers, inside sales, BidSpec, and other teams to develop a strategy to target end users, engineers, and contractors.
- Influence the specifications of end users, engineers, and contractors in order to design the project around EMC products and capabilities.
- Analyze the competitive market locally in order to provide feedback on quoting, prospecting, and technical strategies.
- Provide support on sales calls and site walks in order to offer technical support.
- Conduct classes, seminars, webinars, lunch-and-learns, and other customer-facing events in order to meet and educate customer.
- Attend trade shows and other events as needed to network and influence customers.
- Utilize available tools (email, CRM, marketing materials, etc.) for customer reach-out and prospecting.
- Perform specification take-offs as needed; provide feedback on potential opportunities for value engineering and other competitive advantages.
- Quote and price generator packages as needed.
- Works well with customers and team members.
- Able to communicate well and convey information tailored to the audience’s knowledge level.
- Comfortable with PowerPoint, Excel, CRM/ERP tools, and other technology needed to be successful.
- Proactively develops goals and tasks to help move branch and company metrics and goals forward.
- Able to learn and grow in new products and services as needed.
- Experience in generators, power systems, or similar field
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Sales or similar experience a plus
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.