Bemana is helping a powersports dealer in the Des Moines, IA area find a General Manager to join their growing team!
The General Manager is responsible for owning the P&L of the dealership and leadership of the departments that support the entire customer experience including sales, service, parts, and the business office. Additionally, the General Manager is responsible for driving business growth; hiring, engaging, and developing team members; partnering effectively with manufacturers; and ensuring the highest level of consistent satisfaction of new and returning customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the P&L of the dealership including achieving growth and revenue goals, setting sales targets, approving contracts, managing inventory and new product acquisition, keeping costs at or below budget, ensuring customer experience goals are exceeded, submitting appropriate and timely capital requests, and maintaining a safe, secure, and profitable facility.
- Identifies opportunities for overall business improvement and implements effective business practices and processes where possible. Communicates learnings from business enhancements with other internal partners and stakeholders in an effort to share best practices broadly.
- Measures and audits business results and key performance indicators regularly to ensure business objectives are being met and identifying areas for improvement to further the success of the dealership.
- Reviews and approves sales commission and employee incentive plans for applicable team members
- Attracts, identifies, hires, engages, and develops a high performing team. Sets team expectations and holds department heads accountable for doing the same.
- Provides guidance to management team on decisions and strategies routinely in support of their departmental goals and objectives
- Oversees the facility including structure, infrastructure, utilities, and security. Responsible for ensuing the location is safe, secure, and welcoming to team members and employees.
- Sets the financial direction for the organization utilizing annual budgets and ensures financial stability through audits and internal controls
- Ensures the dealership’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with the organization’s values, vision, and mission. Participates in local business council’s and groups where appropriate to evangelize the organization as a best place to work and do business.
- Leads and manages on-going relationships with key manufacturing partners and other suppliers
- Manages the marketing of the dealership to bolster sales objectives and further the brand in the marketplace
- Ensures appropriate and timely communications to the Equipment leadership team on all pertinent matters
- Exemplifies the company’s values and leads culture and engagement activities for the dealership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, other related field highly preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of general management experience, including total P&L ownership, at a powersports, automotive, RV, or marine dealership
- Deep understanding of dealership-based business
- Successful track record of identifying, hiring, developing, retaining and leading highly engaged employees
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Must be an excellent communicator, orally and in writing, with both internal and external stakeholders
- High level of customer orientation with a focus on creating effective and measurable strategies that drive customer experience, retention, and growth
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills
- Must be highly organized with excellent project management expertise
- Must have demonstrated experience in change management at an organization or location-wide level
- Must possess an analytical approach to solutioning and strategy with the ability to set targets, measure results, analyze trends/data, and provide meaningful insights
- Must be comfortable presenting information to groups, representing the company at trade/industry conferences, and demonstrating thought leadership to others
- Must exemplify the company’s values with employees and customers alike
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.