Our client is a worldwide supplier of space solar cells and panels that are among the most efficient and lightest in the world. These products provide power for Earth-orbiting and interplanetary spacecraft, and enable a wide range of missions that are both of vital importance to society and impact nearly every person on Earth. The company’s space solar cells have supplied power to over 1000 successful space missions, have flown closer to the sun than any other, have provided more solar power for the exploration of Mars than any other, and have even powered spacecraft aimed at re-directing potential Earth-bound asteroids.
This is a full-time position, working a 9/80 schedule.
- Our client is seeking a Principal Integration Engineer to contribute to our company in the following ways:
- Develop and apply expertise in the materials, components, and designs that comprise space solar panels, including adhesives, interconnects and electrical components.
- Develop and apply expertise in the equipment and methods used to assemble space solar panels, including electrical joining and automated or mechanized assembly.
- Develop and apply a detailed understanding of the cost structure of space solar panels and translate that understanding into high-value cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop and apply knowledge of how the space environment affects space panel assembly materials, components, and design choices.
- Innovate and lead the development of new solar panel designs and manufacturing methods using knowledge of the operating environment, requirements, manufacturing methods, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Interface with customers to understand mission-specific requirements and specifications, and generate and implement new designs and manufacturing methods to meet those requirements.
- Lead multi-functional teams through an engineering process to advance from problem definition; design of experiments, analysis, peer review; qualification, configuration, to tech transfer and production implementation.
- Assist in the design and development, and procurement of custom tooling and equipment for the assembly of space solar panels. Train others on the proper use of tooling and equipment.
- Define the goals, scope of work, budget, needed resources, and schedule of large and small projects, and manage the technical aspects of those projects effectively to completion including internal and external reporting.
- Document innovative solutions and intellectual property and translate into formal patent disclosures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An MS in Electrical, Aerospace, Materials Engineering, or Physics, or equivalent experience or training.
- Three years professional experience in a product development or manufacturing position.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Understanding of the electrical components and electrical operation of space solar arrays, including solar cells, bypass diodes, blocking diodes, is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the electromagnetic and charging environments encountered in space is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the design and testing methods used for spacecraft in accommodating these electromagnetic environments is advantageous, including grounding and mitigating electrostatic discharge.
- Experience or training in space systems, space environments, space component design, space solar products, or an advanced degree in relevant subject matter are advantageous.
- Strong organizational skills for facilitating leading project teams, managing multiple concurrent projects, and planning, prioritizing and documenting work.
- Strong inter-personal skills to work with multi-disciplinary project teams, report results to internal and external collaborators, and interact with people of different skillsets, job functions, and abilities.
- Adept at solving problems in a data-driven and detail-oriented manner. Comfortable in researching and discovering applicable theory and knowledge base, and also in designing and executing experiments to answer questions and guide development.
- Proficiency with typical office computer systems and applications.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.