Bemana is assisting a nationwide, industry leader in the PIC design, testing and manufacturing space in finding a Production Supervisor to join their growing team at their location in Fort Madison, IA.
- Daily tracking and ownership of improvement for key KPI’s.
- Supervise and direct the work of direct reports across assigned shifts.
- Responsible for the shifts compliance to safety and environmental policies, ensuring that all employees adhere.
- Utilize time-keeping system to monitor and approve associates work hours.
- Effectively assist in projects related to safety and process improvements.
- Work well cross functionally with maintenance and quality to ensure optimal production.
- Ensure associates have the proper training and tools to perform their job effectively and efficiently – including but not limited to: company policies related to safety, quality, and employee conduct.
- Under the guidance of Human Resources – evaluates, recognizes, and disciplines associates assigned to shift.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and is responsible for final setup and adjustments of machines to achieve their optimal efficiency while always ensuring quality production.
- Reviews production schedules and set work assignments for assistants and machine operators.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve production methods, work conditions, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains time and production records for respective shift, including attendance.
- Confer with other supervisors to ensure a smooth hand-off between shifts.
- Prepares performance evaluations.
- Participates in decisions regarding disciplinary action when necessary.
- Assist in maintenance, installation, and sampling projects as needed.
- Performs a variety of minor machine repairs, including repair/replace fill guns, knock-out pins, broken springs, feed/air lines, gaskets, broken conveyors/foot pedals, core vents, process adjustments, etc.
- Responsible for flow of the correct expanded material to the correct machines, including proper connections, and ensuring minimal downtime.
- Direct supervision of production personnel – training employees to perform job functions, to adhere to all company policies, to understand and take ownership for the quality of their work, planning and directing of work, evaluating, rewarding, and disciplining of employees, and addressing and resolving complaints.
Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. High School Diploma required.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office — Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.