Bemana is searching for a Project Engineer to join the team of a power generation service company in the Indianapolis area. The Project Engineer leads technical discussions with general and electrical contractors, engineering firms, vendors, end users and internal personnel in office & field settings to successfully achieve project milestones and ensure ultimate customer satisfaction. This position is key in increasing the Team productivity through enhanced proficiency, performance, and safety; thereby, delivering increased profitability, customer service, and value through effective Team contribution.
- Technical Assistance: Be the technical liaison to ensure project integrity from a scope, installation and commissioning standpoint.
- Ensure accurate and timely communications between sales team, PMA/Service and Service Sales Team, contractor(s), and end user.
- Become involved in industrial sales projects when deemed likely to become an order.
- Answer, assess, and resolve submittal comments and issues regarding technical design.
- Track and manage the achievement of each milestone within a project schedule.
- Report to Management on project status and issues as required.
- Installation Guidance: Meet with sales representative, sales management, contractor, and applications engineer to establish final BOM and customer delivery requirements.
- Submittal Approval: Attend Submittal review meetings; make document and drawing updates as required.
- Generate and compile submittal documents for completion by the submittal coordinator.
- Coordinate communications between all entities associated with milestone achievement to ensure completion.
- Resolve Site Issues: Attend site meetings when required for complex projects, including: project kickoff, submittal review, site commissioning, etc.
- Lead site meetings, as required, ensuring timely completion along with accurate installations and startup.
- Liaison for Sales, Customers, and Field Services: Ensure field service is involved prior to shipment of equipment to customer.
- Schedule site services kickoff meeting with field service prior to startup date.
- Intervene at all points in the process as needed to ensure achievement of all project milestones, and project comes in on time and under budget.
- 2 or more years of technical experience with large power distribution systems, three phase UPS systems, switchgear, generators or batteries.
- Developed computer skills are required. Experience with MS Office applications, CRM, and various ERP Systems.
- Ability to prioritize projects based on solution impact, including time to implement and/or direction from leadership.
- Successful candidate must have effective and professional interpersonal skills as well as communication skills, both written and verbal, in addition to the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- The ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve a common goal and gain buy-in from all, is required.
- Possess the ability to understand the complexities of situations, projects, and positions as well as a 360-degree balance of all processes and procedures.
- Experience in the on-site power generation industry is preferred.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.