The Project Engineer is responsible for focusing on design, engineering, reverse engineering, safety, sustainable devices and quality assurance. Their duties include managing the manufacturing process for new electrical equipment, using design software to produce schematics and overseeing the installation process of their designs. To do well in this role you should have extensive experience as an electrical or mechanical engineer designing electrical switch boxes, switching gear, generator systems and support systems. Uses technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales. The candidate knows commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; works under immediate supervision.
- They must be able to take what we have built, come up with plans, parts lists, manuals, work on UL and patents of new products.
- They design, develop and maintain generators and electrical systems & parts for consumer and business electronics.
- Provide support for electrical work in the manufacturing, transport and construction industries.
- Review customer specifications with engineers; assist in custom-made product designs.
- Provide accurate pricing information to customers; Prepare job quotes, including technical assistance and product education.
- Create and continue to increase the communications between sales and engineering; update documents including labor hours, supplier lists, order/quote forms, and product manuals.
- Understanding and implementing designs from technical drawings
- UL qualifications and experience
- Interacting with contractors and customers using verbal and written communication
- Making presentations to coworkers
- Attending company meetings
- Creating product documentation and records
- Preparing cost estimates for customers and other employees
- Inspecting electrical components during and after the product installation
- Testing electronics for problems and proposing solutions
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Establishing construction, manufacturing, or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
AutoCAD, CAD, Drafting, Drafting Tools, Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Conceptual Skills, Presentation Skills, Functional and Technical Skills, Thoroughness, Analyzing Information, Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Inventory Misys.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret a wide variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.