Bemana is searching for a Senior Project Manager in Richmond to join the team of a nationwide building services company. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for project level oversight including customer relations, contract and job cost management, planning and forecasting. The Senior PM is also responsible for the development of PMs and PEs.
- Manage projects to include the following:
- Assist Project Superintendents with daily operations
- Help with effective communications to Superintendents, vendors, and other internal/external customers
- Supervise senior project engineers and project engineers
- Assist with scheduling
- Secure all subcontractor quotes and writing of subcontracts
- Process all submittals
- Conduct project meetings
- Process change orders and keep the C/O logs current
- Closeout of all projects
- Acts as primary business owner on construction projects
- Maintain on-going forecast for “cost to complete” and expected gross profit
- Responsible for redemption of equipment, material, and subcontractor estimates. Secondary responsibility for labor and other costs
- Responsible for purchasing the majority of non-commodity items, as well as the release
- Responsible for submittal, operations, and maintenance and closeout process
- Negotiate and price out change orders
- Handle final negotiation and solicitation of subcontractor quotes
- Develop the initial schedule for work on the project
- Submit RFI’s and review responses to determine scope impact
- Provide project information to Construction Manager for job Superintendent, to Fabrication Division and to Start-up Supervisor
- Interface with Detailing Department as needed (i.e., provide required detailing information, work to resolve conflicts, discuss ideas to increase project profitability)
- Plan and coordinate with the Construction Manager about requirements of projects
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the general contractor’s Project Manager
- Interpret project specifications and make decisions for choices relating to equipment and materials
- Coordinate equipment delivery within a 48-hour window
- Minimum of ten years of commercial/industrial project management experience with mechanical (HVAC/Plumbing) installation (i.e., high-rise buildings, hospitals, hotels, processing plants)
- Demonstrate responsibility for large projects lasting a year or more with ability to manage continuous flow of material and labor
- Hands on mechanical and/or plumbing trade knowledge
- Experience with management of active work in progress
- Recent experience as PM for a mechanical contractor/subcontractor (Not Owner’s Agent or Consultant or GC)
- Ability to direct and train Project Engineer for assistance as deemed necessary
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.