Plan and execute software development engineering tasks, including project management, software design, software/hardware integration, and internal / external customer technical support.
- Execute assigned tasks to deliver software for new product designs on schedule and within budget
- Execute assigned tasks to deliver software for modified product designs to meet customer specific requirements on schedule and within budget
- Perform testing of software design to confirm compliance to internal / external customer specifications
- Resolve software design and performance issues with internal / external customers as needed
- Meet the technology and marketing requirements for the assigned tasks
- Participate in software design reviews for all assigned projects
- Provide input for and coauthor technical documentation in support of the sales and marketing plan
- Participate in the selection of development projects and new technology evaluations including selection of circuit board components associated with the chip-set and programming hardware
- Comply with all applicable standards, including internal design engineering standards
- Provide product functionality or troubleshooting support via phone, email, or in-person on an as needed basis.
- Participate in internal system testing as required to evaluate the performance of delivered software
- Travel as required to customer locations to troubleshoot, commission, or support Spang’s product firmware and integration thereof.
- Technical direction as required for integration/support tasks.
- Advisory and training role as required for testing and field service technicians.
- Compliance with safety requirements
- Compliance with quality procedures
- Keep organized records of work completed
- Report to head of Development group
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 to 10 years software development experience with C language, C++ language, Assembly, SQL/Database programming, HTML and XML basics, DSP (TI), and TCP/IP technical knowledge. Electronics and electrical wiring standards knowledge. Understanding of power electronics and operational there of; SCRs, IGBTs, transformers, AC/DC power topologies, etc. PLC programming (Siemens/Rockwell), HMI programming (Siemens/Rockwell), Industrial networking (EIP/Profinet/Modbus TCP) is a plus.
- Ability to Move Throughout the Plant or Customer Sites
- Computational Aptitude
- Use of Both Hands
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to Hear
- Problem Solving Ability
- Ability to See
- Ability to Talk
- Ability to See Color
- Written Communication Skills
- Ability to operate: computer controls; microprocessors; testing equipment; hand tools
- Ability to Communicate Complex Ideas
- Communicate Through Electronic Means Such as Telephone, Email, Video Chat, Collaboration Apps
Required Degree: Bachelor of Science
Major: Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science Engineering
Course study in power electronics and imbedded programming helpful