Bemana is searching for a Senior Controls Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN to join the team of a 100% employee-owned ESOP and one of the largest and most well-established (35+ years) engineering companies in the United States.
- This position requires the ability to deliver innovative automation solutions and design standards either self-directed or as a leader of a team. The candidate must have the ability to conceptualize, detail and implement control systems for industrial processes and machinery that meet our customer’s requirements. This involves the development of a control system architecture, selecting the components to be used, detailing schematic diagrams and system documentation, programming controllers (PLC, DCS, RTU), programming the process visualization (HMI/SCADA), developing databases for archiving/displaying historical system data and implementing/commissioning the control system at the client’s facility. Knowledge of controller programming languages such as Ladder, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text and others to achieve the desired results is required. Also having knowledge of standard programming languages such as VBA, .NET and SQL for the development of HMI/SCADA systems is preferred.
- For larger systems, experience with industrial networking used to connect control system components and instrumentation is preferred. The Controls Engineer would design, detail and implement a variety of fiber, wired and wireless systems using industrial protocols (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus, etc.).
- This position oftentimes requires the following project management responsibilities: developing project execution plans, work breakdown structures and associated budgets, task prioritization and scheduling, task ordering, time tracking and reporting, financial tracking and reporting, early problem identification, conflict management/resolution, leading and supporting a team, and attending project status meetings. Also includes overseeing daily operations and activities of a project(s) up to $1M. This position is often responsible for ensuring the overall profitability of the project.
- The ideal candidate must have a diverse engineering skillset with the ability to work independently. Will act as technical lead on projects and guide lower-level engineers and technicians. Could also act as Project Manager on smaller projects
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
- In-depth understanding of PLC hardware/software platforms such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Modicon.
- In-depth understanding of HMI/SCADA hardware/software platforms such as ICONICS Genesis64, Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform, GE CIMPLICITY, GE iFIX, Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View, Schneider, and Siemens.
- In-depth understanding of DCS hardware/software platforms such as Emerson DeltaV or similar.
- Experience in industries such as Life Sciences, Building Automation, Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas and Mining.
- Experience in design of electrical schematics, including power distribution under 480VAC, control panels and associated NEC references desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is also desired
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.