Our client has a Senior Process Engineer position open at their Auburn, CA location. Our client is a 100% employee-owned company and one of the largest and most well-established (35+ years) engineering companies in the United States. The successful candidate will perform duties of the lead design engineer for work performed at their Auburn office on projects in various industrial plants including specialty manufacturing, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, advanced technologies, and others. The successful candidate will perform the following:
- Lead the development of P&IDs.
- Perform mass and energy balance calculations.
- Lead the design effort to size and select pumps, pipes, ducts, conveyors, and other material handling equipment, process equipment, utility equipment
- Lead the engineering effort to engineering and construction documents, drawings and specification
- Coordinate design with other engineering disciplines to ensure delivery of a cohesive, consistent and complete design package for projects. Engineering disciplines may include process, mechanical, plumbing, structural, architectural, civil, and others.
- Lead and conduct design review presentations with clients. Elicit necessary feedback and incorporate into work produced by the design team.
- Respond to contractor RFI effectively and efficiently.
- Provide technical support to startup of process systems and their commissioning.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications.
- Four-year college degree in engineering with a major in Mechanical, Chemical, or other relevant engineering disciplines.
- At least ten years of engineering experience.
- Demonstrable, prior work experience leading design work.
- Extensive and in-depth engineering knowledge of common, industrial equipment and systems.
- Familiarity with regulatory codes including California building code, OSHA, FDA, EDA etc.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory code requirements.
- Familiarity with relevant engineering standards including standards developed by ASME, ASHRAE, ISO, ISA, AIA, ISPE, USDA etc.
- Familiarity with drawing standards and construction specifications.
- At a minimum, basic level of competency with AutoCAD.
- Ability to stay organized in the production of design documents.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and positive way to clients, vendors, contractors, and other third parties.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project software.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be given preference.
- Experience working in engineering related capacity in a pharmaceutical, biotech, food and beverage, consumer goods manufacturing or other industrial manufacturing operation.
- Experience working with an engineering design firm or engineering consulting firm.
- PE license.
- Prior experience with process systems, CIP systems, steam systems, hydronic systems, compressed gas systems, ductwork and facility systems.
- Ability to demonstrate high quality of document and drawing preparation.
- Familiarity with the following software: Pipeflo, Caeser II, EnergyPro, Carrier HAP or other similar software.
Standard office environment, on-site office environment, and diverse industrial/construction environments. Frequent PC usage, copy machines, phones.