Bemana is searching for a Senior Project Manager in Addison, TX to join the team of a 100% employee-owned ESOP and one of the largest and most well-established (40+ years) engineering companies in the United States.This person will provide project management and engineering support to customers as well as leadership for colleagues on all aspects of project delivery.
Project Management Responsibilities
Responsible for project execution, task identification, prioritization and scheduling, financial tracking and management to budget, risk management including early problem identification and conflict resolution, procurement, subcontracts, supporting engineers, communications and meeting leadership, account/client management. Work will include project(s) ranging in size up to $5M. This position is responsible for ensuring overall project profitability.
- Develops and executes project execution plans and/or project charters.
- Responsible for detailed knowledge of scopes of work.
- Acquires resources from BU manager and assigns work to project teams to meet overall project deadlines.
- Develops engineering schedules for team and customer requirements; proficient with Microsoft Project/critical path and float analysis/resource leveling.
- Responsible for engineering related purchasing and subcontractor requirements.
- Responsible for development of costs and proposal of change orders to contract scope.
- Develops and manages plan for project profitability including cost projections, cash flow, A/R collections and project invoicing; must be able to independently discern project team’s actual and remaining progress during design, documentation, code configuration, testing.
- Responsible for overall project quality.
- Technical writing including project definition and requirements, clearly delineated status reporting, requests for information, and customer correspondence.
- Project documentation: manage project documentation system, task/periodic status reporting, organization and maintenance of current network-based project files, meeting minutes and action item lists, preparing purchase orders, etc.
- Identify sales opportunities, confidence to suggest scope changes with justifications, ability to network across targeted industries; Provides input to proposals and technical support to closing new business.
A BS degree in engineering or related discipline.
PMP certification preferred.
A minimum of 8 years of project management related experience in process-related controls industries implementing successful automation solutions involving PLC, DCS, HMI, and SCADA platforms. Or, 5+ years of project management experience with 3+ years of controls engineering. Strong leadership and client relation skills required.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Life Sciences, Specialty Chemicals, Food and Beverage, Water and Wastewater.
- Experience with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Life Science Computerized System Validation and cGMP compliance is preferred.
- Experience in managing design of electrical schematics, including power distribution under 480VAC, control panels; associated NEC experience desired.
- Experience leading local and remote teams of engineers/technicians to provide control system solutions.
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
Preference for experience with:
- Rockwell PLC and SCADA systems
- Emerson DeltaV DCS and SCADA
- Additional SCADA/HMI experience a plus including Ignition, Wonderware System Platform
Hybrid mix of standard office environment and work-from-home leadership, 25-35% travel to client sites; diverse industrial environments; candidate to be based in Dallas or North Texas.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.