Bemana is helping a development-stage company with a focus on developing a sustainable, diversified supply of lithium chemicals that underpin the future of energy storage and mobile transportation to find a Sulfuric Acid Plant Manager to join their team.
The Sulfuric Acid Plant Manager will be tasked with supporting efforts in building, commissioning, and operating a new sulfuric acid plant in a safe and effective manner. The role serves as the leader to manage the operations of the Sulfuric Acid Plant and Site Utilities. The Sulfuric Acid Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of this facility from production and ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This role will help develop and review processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity. The role will also look to continually improve safety for theses processes. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and leadership skills with a track record of problem solving and will be familiar with typical acid production and chemical processing equipment.
Review, create and implement a positive safety and environmentally sound culture with the right procedures and programs for the Sulfuric Acid and Utilities facilities.
- Set-up the operations team to commission and start up the Sulfuric Acid Plant and Utilities.
- Provide advice and guidance to contractors, employees, and consultants to ensure company and corporate standards are applied and maintained.
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time availability.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Maintain the Sulfuric Acid Plant and Utility areas per OSHA, EPA, DOT, and other requirements as needed.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup, manage and develop staff.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Stay up to date with the latest sulfuric acid and utility management best practices and concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical/mechanical engineering or relevant degree required.
- Ten or more years’ experience serving as a manager or similar role in the sulfuric acid or chemical industry.
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager or equivalent role.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles and systems (budgeting, strategic) planning, resource allocation and human resources.
- Strong understanding of chemical process engineering principles and unit operations.
- Experience with large scale chemical, acid facilities, mineral, and hydrometallurgical/fertilizer processes is preferred.
- Experience in an OSHA PSM facility is required.
- Strong interest and focus on safety and environment.
- Personal commitment to safety, teamwork, and environmental stewardship.
- A leader with the ability to motivate and inspire your team.
- Effective and open verbal and written skills with the ability motivate team members toward their goals.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects in parallel, while prioritizing and pursuing critical-path tasks on an accelerating schedule.
- Ability to work well with others internally and external to the organization in an effective manner.
- Ability to critically challenge assumptions, “think outside the box”, and deliver creative solutions.
- Be a self-starter: highly motivated, able to work independently, with high energy.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.