Our client is a worldwide supplier of space solar cells and panels that are among the most efficient and lightest in the world. These products provide power for Earth-orbiting and interplanetary spacecraft, and enable a wide range of missions that are both of vital importance to society and impact nearly every person on Earth. The company’s space solar cells have supplied power to over 1000 successful space missions, have flown closer to the sun than any other, have provided more solar power for the exploration of Mars than any other, and have even powered spacecraft aimed at re-directing potential Earth-bound asteroids.
As a Sr. Systems Administrator, you can expect to:
- Provide systems and IT support for SolAero Technologies and all other entities, including support for all MS Server Operating Systems and applications.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrate your good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work, and general guidance on new assignments.
- Enjoy support, but also the autonomy you’ve earned in the progression of your career!
- Primary support for Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Exchange and all Infrastructure services
- Design, Implement and provide Project Management for decom of legacy Active Directory domain and migration of all Users, Computers, Servers and all related resources to new domains
- Install and support for Shoretel VOIP Phone System, Shoretel Mobility Router and other Shoretel Services
- Support for Cisco and FortiGate network hardware
- GCC High or O365 Environment migration and support. Teams, Office, Azure AD, SharePoint Online.
- Designs and implements and support for Exchange 2016 as well as the migration of mailboxes and all resources
- Implement and support Proofpoint Email Filtering, Email Encryption, and Secure File Share Software
- Design, implementation and support for clustered VMWare ESXi6+ environments with full functionality with 8+ servers and 100+ hosts
- Server design, implementation and support for MS and Linux based servers.
- Responsible for business-critical backup schedule and off-site data retention
- Supports for HP P500/Left-hand/lISCSI Sans
- Design, Implementation, and Support for NetApp E Series
- Migration to and support for NetApp, etc.
- Project management for Firewall, Network Switch and Router Replacement Project, including IT to OT firewall configurations
- Support for Cisco Enterprise Wireless infrastructure
- Support for Cisco Wired infrastructure
- Travel as required.
- Will be required to write jobs, using various scripting languages.
- Must provide mentoring and training to other staff members.
- Writes process and procedural documentation including requirements.
- Develops and coordinates knowledge transfer.
- Establishes enterprise-wide uniform Web infrastructure, including defining departmental content processes and creating guidelines for content deployment.
- Interacts with business units to gather, define, and organize delivery of business solutions.
- Authority to stop any process that threatens the wellbeing of any SolAero employee.
- Authority to initiate Corrective Action when a nonconformance is identified and stop the process when a nonconformance is found.
- Other appropriate activities as assigned
- Backup Administrator and support for all systems software including but not limited to Veritas, NetBackup, BackupExec, VEEAM and Laser Vault
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated related experience.
- BS/BA Degree in related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, simple financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write technical reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other engineers.
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Ability to identify problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Requires a very high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to exchange information with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Prioritizes activities based on workload.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to move equipment weighing 50-75 lbs.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.