Under the general direction of and reporting to the Director of Power Generation, the Technical Sales Support Specialist is a vital support resource for Power Solutions Consultants and customers prior to and during the sales process. The position will be responsible for the preparation of accurate quotes as requested by Power Solutions Consultants and providing administrative support as defined below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze specifications and drawings from engineers, customers and/or bid services and create corresponding BOMs (bills of materials).
- Search bid services for projects in the planning stage. Identify projects that will likely contain a backup generator.
- Enter available information as a Lead in D365 CRM such as Project, End User, Architect, General Contractor, Engineer, etc. and update as necessary.
- Vet the lead and notify appropriate Power Solutions Consultant that the lead is now in the opportunity stage. Power Solutions Consultants are responsible for determining project scope and company capability.
- Review project inquires and create sales quotes using Generac quoting tools and selected vendors.
- Process and distribute quotes as requested by sales team.
- Enter and assign leads and build quotes using D365 CRM.
- Support the sales team through daily direct customer interactions, e.g. responding timely to customer inquiries, and answering product and applications questions from existing and prospective customers as needed.
- Develop “out of the box” sales strategies with salespersons to create better/enhanced solutions for the client.
- Maintain quoting schedules while also responding to unscheduled quoting priorities.
- Maintain a log of quotes and assist in follow up activities.
- Monitor and track quote response times and communicate any delays.
- Field incoming calls from customers and Power Solutions Consultants for formal and informal inquiries.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience. A degree in engineering, construction management or other technical subject is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical prints and plans.
- Sales and sales support experience is preferred.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the English language and good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel and Visio and SharePoint. Experience with CRM is a plus.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.