We are assisting a well established Power Generation client with finding a Utility Power Systems Sales Representative. This person can lives in either Colorado, Utah or New Mexico with the expectations to travel across this territory as needed.
Our client has developed and built dozens of successful turnkey power generation projects in Utah for Municipal and COOP utilities and others with full engineering, procurement, and construction services.
These primarily consist of natural-gas peaking generators that help with peak management, firming of renewables, participation in ancillary services markets, reducing emissions and providing voltage support, reliability and resiliency to the grid. This position is to lead their efforts in developing this business in Colorado and New Mexico.
- Develop deep relationships with key decision makers in Municipal & COOP power utilities, as well as with key supporting personnel in resource planning, economic analysis, engineering, procurement, construction, and operations.
- This will be done through regular participation in Municipal or COOP activities, trade shows, conferences, city council meetings, regular customer-site visits, and interaction with key personnel, etc.
- Consult with customers regarding their current and expected needs, challenges, and load profiles.
- Conduct load and resource analysis for Municipal & COOP customers.
- Identify opportunities with greatest potential benefits for various power generation equipment options.
- Build complex proposals to meet the power need(s) of a Municipal or COOP.
- Ultimately, successfully negotiate and close sales. It is expected to eventually close multiple power generation project sales per year in CO and NM regions.
- Supply management with regular reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and recommendations for how to best serve those needs.
- Perform periodic market research and keep abreast of best practices and emerging technologies.
- Continuously improve through practice, seeking and implementing feedback, participation in a yearly training program.
- Other tasks as necessary or assigned.
- Must be able and committed to work safely, including daily TRACK card usage and other actions to contribute to zero-accident, zero-injury company goals.
- Must be able and committed to work adhering to other Company values including integrity, service, stewardship, and people.
- Must have the ability to travel as workload requires.
- Deep understanding to the Municipal & COOP power utility structure and business.
- An understanding of, or experience with, power generation equipment in terms of applications to Municipal & COOP power utilities.
- An understanding of, or experience with, renewable energy equipment in terms of applications to Municipal & COOP power utilities.
- An understanding of all utility generation resources types and their trade-offs.
- Great interpersonal skills (building strong relationships of trust, likability, influence, listening with the intend to understand and learn from customer, etc.)
- Excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communication skill.
- Excellent and demonstrated complex selling and negotiation skills.
- Experience in closing deals with financial, technical, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in closing deals greater than $1M a plus.
- Ability to present and sell to City Council/Mayor/C-suite level management.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in consistently achieving sales performance goals and high activity levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely from immediate supervisor/manager, and independently with little supervision.
- Excellent prioritizing, follow-up, time management, and organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations tailored to audience needs.
- Openness to feedback.
- Openness to learning and selling new products as market conditions and technologies change
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a team environment and willingness to assist others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- This position will work during traditional business hours, but willingness to respond to needs and emergencies after traditional business hours is a must.
- Location is flexible depending on qualifications and ability to travel as needed to effectively cover Colorado and New Mexico sales territory
- Knowledge of/experience with CAT generator sets, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), and solar, including technical experience.
- Previous experience with engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) projects
- Previous experience with quoting Cat equipment (CSQ, DBS)
- Previous inside sales experience, effective at remote meetings.
- Previous outside sales experience, effective on-site visits and meetings.
- Effective CRM usage
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.