Nervous about your big job interview? We get it. We have helped thousands of candidates in the equipment, power, and industrial sectors prepare for interviews and have come up with some tips to help you feel confident and knock your next interview out of the park!
Do your research.
- Study job description, company website, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages.
- Review LinkedIn profiles of the hiring manager and leadership team.
- Brush up on technical materials (reports, Youtube videos, etc.) of relevant subject matter.
Attitude is key.
- Be positive about everything, including prior employers & bosses.
- Express excitement and passion for the opportunity.
- Highlight strengths by focusing on your experience for most important job requirements.
- Know your weaknesses for the particular job and be prepared to address them.
- Be prepared with good, forward-thinking questions that demonstrate your preparedness and ability to solve their challenge.
- Do NOT ask about pay unless requested by the interviewer.
Day of reminders.
- Dress appropriately.
- Arrive 15 minutes early.
- Bring a notepad and paper copies of your resume.
- Send a thank you email/letter within two days of interviewing
- Follow up every few days
- Don’t know what to include in a thank you email? Here’s one format we recommend:
Dear [NAME OF INTERVIEWER(S)],
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about the [JOB TITLE] position and for giving me some more insight into the responsibilities and day-to-day duties involved. Our conversation has definitely increased my interest in the role. I would be thrilled to use my [SKILLS YOU DISCUSSED DURING INTERVIEW] to benefit [COMPANY NAME] and your goals, including the work you’re doing on [SPECIFIC PROJECT OR WORK DISCUSSED IN INTERVIEW].
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions for me! I look forward to hearing from you soon.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our services, please contact us here.