Bemana is searching for an Electrical Field Engineer-Dragline in Lakeland, FL to join the team of our client sho specializes in the development, manufacturing, integration, and deployment of advanced technologies for the world’s largest machines with electric rotating systems. This position is responsible to provide technical services as it relates to routine and moderately complex maintenance and/or repair of control systems and their components at customer sites or in company locations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and support of vintage systems as well as latest AC and DC drive systems, PLC, HMI automation systems. Including specific troubleshooting, setup, and correlation of functions for Siemens and ABB AC & DC drives.
- Proficient using a DATAQ data logger, to capture and compile XY recordings, complete detailed XY reports, and provide corrective action plans
- Provide other technical services as it relates to complex maintenance and/or repair of control systems and their components at customer sites or client locations. May include support of non-routine and never repaired systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues as they relate to control systems and their components at customer sites or in client locations.
- Communicate with plant engineers and/or maintenance personnel at customer sites on technical questions and specifications.
- Provide after-hours support in person and/or over the phone.
- Provide technical information and data, for the creation of quotations and work scopes. Information includes job repair requirements, parts for order and use, and associated cost.
- Complete necessary service, time tracking, and expense documentation.
- Maintain tools and test equipment properly.
- Communicate with account managers regarding the status of work as it applies to their customers.
- Identify and assist with repair and manufacturing training needs.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other Field Engineers.
- Five years of dragline engineering experience in industrial electrical field service and/or similar industrial environment.
- Mining and metals industry experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Strong working knowledge of drive systems for machine troubleshooting.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple industrial applications.
- Ability to take after-hours calls.
- Ability to work independently with little direct management.
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask while coordinating multiple high-level priorities.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job-related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to non-routine duties.
- Overnight travel required.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the equipment and industrial sectors while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.