Our Client is a local electrical contractor who is currently seeking a Certified General Electrician for electrical service work, who has experience in the commercial and residential sectors. The primary function of this position is to install, repair and maintain electrical systems with safety and quality as a priority.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Assure the highest quality safety, products, and service.
- Install raceway systems, cables, and conductors.
- Install distribution equipment such as panelboards, disconnects, transformers and switchboards.
- Install/connect new “loads” such as lighting, motors, office equipment, machinery, devices, lighting control, and special equipment.
- Installations from plans and or descriptions only.
- Practical application of code knowledge.
- Modifies existing electrical systems by adding or removing components.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test the items listed above.
- Basic labor estimating of work to be completed.
- Reports the work completed and manages material and timesheets.
- Communicates directly with customers
- Various duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial, commercial, and residential construction types.
- Valid California General Journeyman Electrician Certification.
- Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Skills and knowledge required to perform the typical duties of this position.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, planning and computer skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of electrical maintenance and construction.
Preferred Additional Qualifications, Experience, Skills, & Knowledge:
- Forklift / Scissor / Boom Lift training certification.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Previous Electrical Service experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Motor Control installation and troubleshooting.
- Customer service experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k retirement plan
- Flex Spending Account
- Paid time off
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All candidates must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; bend; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time non-exempt position, subject to overtime when applicable. Standard operating hours are Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.