Bemana is looking to help hire a Shop Power Generation Technician for a growing company in the Greater Indianapolis, IN area. The company sells used engines and generators that have been rebuilt/refurbished. They also build custom portable power mods.
If you’re looking to join an organization that is growing and cares for their employees, look no further!
What’s In It For You?
- Excellent pay.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- 8 paid holidays.
- M-F work schedule (no nights, weekends or on-call shifts).
- Opportunities for OT.
- Run load bank tests on stationary and portable diesel generators at 208V, 480V, 5kV and 15kV.
- Diagnose and repair any issues found during initial testing.
- Perform voltage changes and breaker upgrades on generators based on customer requirements.
- Perform tasks to re-rate generator sets using CAT ET.
- Re-wire, adjust and install control panels and voltage regulators.
- Adjust speed controls and various settings.
- Change filters and perform standard service on equipment.
- Work closely with the lead technician on project progress.
- Assist in preparing generators for shipment as needed.
- Assist with loading and unloading of equipment.
- Assist with other duties as required.
- In-depth understanding of diesel engine and/or generator technology.
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of experience working with industrial power generators.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical issues on diesel gensets.
- In-depth knowledge of Caterpillar equipment; control panel upgrades, switchgear,
- Exceptional communication skills to work with team and customers directly on occasion.
- Proficient with estimating time required to complete tasks.
- Experience working with large industrial power generation equipment.
- EGSA tech or other various certifications are a plus but not required.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.