Reporting to the Branch Manager or Operations Manager and partnering with Outside Sales, the Inside Sales Representative plays a key role in implementing the branch’s business plan by meeting the needs of a diverse customer base. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for a variety of branch functions, including customer relations, in-branch equipment rentals and merchandise sales, and equipment presentation. The Inside Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to proactively increase revenue for the branch by providing exceptional customer service, renting equipment, selling merchandise and advising the manager of product and service needs.
- Process rental quotations, reservations and contracts in complete compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Establish new rental and sales accounts by serving walk-in and call-in customers.
- Negotiate prices on equipment rentals and contractor supplies in accordance with pricing policies and procedures.
- Accurate use of United Rentals computer system for reservations, quotes, rental / sales.
- Educate customers about proper equipment use.
- Check out and demonstrate equipment for customers as needed.
- Assist customers with the loading and unloading of equipment as needed.
- Coordinate and track daily equipment pickups and returns with the branch dispatcher.
- Generate leads for new business and communicate leads with Outside Sales Representatives.
- Warm calling of lost and/or dormant accounts to retain business.
- Dispatching delivery trucks and managing customer expectations regarding delivery.
- Maintain a clean and presentable showroom, sufficiently stocked with merchandise that is properly priced.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong communication and presentation skills are essential
- Sales experience preferred
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of most current business software
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Independent worker and self-starter with strong self-imposed structure
- Multi-tasking and Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of Construction Equipment
- Strong sense of urgency
- Typing skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “apply” button below. We will contact all eligible candidates for a face-to-face interview with one of our representatives. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact [email protected]
If your profile does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our representatives, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.