Bemana is assisting a nationwide, industry leader in the PIC design, testing and manufacturing space in finding a Maintenance Technician to join their growing team in Anderson, SC. See below for more information on this exciting opportunity!
The Maintenance Technician is required to perform tasks involved in the upkeep of the building and grounds, installation, maintenance, maintaining and repairing of hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, mechanical, and electrical systems on all production machines, equipment and building. May be required to perform inventory of maintenance parts & supplies and interact with suppliers and internal department personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for general maintenance duties on building and machines; including troubleshooting to determine root cause of issue and best way to repair, performing preventative maintenance on plant machines and fork trucks.
- Performs minor electrical work not requiring a licensed electrician such as replacing light bulbs and fuses; assists in minor carpentry and repair work. If licensed, maintains and makes routine repairs to electrically powered equipment and appliances according to instruction from senior technicians, supervisor and/or equipment service manuals.
- Assists with servicing and replacing minor plumbing fixtures.
- Maintain machinery, equipment and tools by cleaning, lubricating, greasing and/or oiling to ensure optimum working order.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Applies paint, varnish, and stain to all types of surfaces to protect and beautify surfaces using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Responsible for setting up, removing and storage of production molds in accordance with documented procedures.
- Maintain usable fill guns and ejectors through bench testing, cleaning, rebuilding, and inspecting.
- Water treatment: collect, test and report water samples for hardness, pH and etc. at various stages throughout the process
- Responsible for following Plant specified job specification, task list and completion of all requirement paperwork.
- Responsible for conducting him/herself in a safe manner and adhering to all required safety protocols and policies, including lockout/tagout.
- Required to wear PPE properly in accordance with company standards.
- Keep the area around your workstation clean and free from dirt and debris; this may include cleaning assigned areas of the building or pieces of equipment as instructed by your supervisor.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts, including working overtime and attending after hour meetings as needed.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma / GED
- Three years of related experience
- Associates Degree or technical certificate preferred
- Experience monitoring and maintaining with low pressure boilers, air compressors, air driers, and vacuum pumps.
- Experience maintaining forklifts.
- Proficient in reading schematics to trouble shoot hydraulic / pneumatic and electrical issues.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.