We are interviewing candidates for a Rental Manager role on-behalf of Rental Tool & Equipment Company in Tabernash, CO. Our client is a family-operated equipment rental store that provides locals and general contractors with the tools and equipment they need to build and expand the community they live and work in. An encouraging and supportive company culture is highly valued on a daily basis.
We are looking for a self- starter that will oversee daily operations of the store including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for customer service interactions, answer and resolve customer questions and ensure customers are well taken care of.
- Self-starter that takes initiative and work autonomously.
- Lead and develop a diverse team of technicians.
- Be a safety leader and set the tone and expectation for the highest safety standard
- Be an expert in the equipment rental industry and support continuous learning the new fleet and equipment applications.
- Placing orders and ordering parts as needed.
- Offer support to the shop manager and all employees at the branch, ensuring a high success rate.
- Computer and technology savvy with a sound understanding of tasks being completed with a sense of urgency.
- Train and mentor new employees.
- Coordinate interviewing and hiring of employees.
- Recognize and diagnose repairs and troubleshooting of rental equipment.
- Delegate responsibilities to service technicians on a daily basis.
- Instruct new hires and current employees on daily duties and responsibilities, including knowledge on checking-in / checking-out procedures for a variety of equipment and tools.
- Ensuring all transactions are recorded by rental software.
- Approve merchandise stocking level and review equipment recommendations.
- Review department expenses with appropriate managers.
- Forecast equipment usage and make recommendations on rental inventory.
- Train staff on the use of computers, office equipment, and all counter procedures.
- Schedule and monitor all mechanics on a daily basis.
- Review occurrences of overbooking.
- Update the computer inventory for all departments by changing quantities available, deleting non-existent items and adding any new equipment.
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers throughout the day.
- Keep log of delivery/set-up times
- Ensure that vehicles are maintained in a safe condition for operation by working with the driver and collecting completed safety inspection/safety checklists on vehicles.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A high school diploma / GED, degree required
- Priority to candidates with equipment and mechanical knowledge
- 3+ years of operations management or related management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize efficiently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Skills in delegating, follow up, goal setting, planning, leadership building, multi-tasking, and teamwork
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Daily work will be split between indoors and outdoors. Some work areas may not be heated or air-conditioned
- May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene, and cleaning solvents
Salary range: $75,000 – $115,000 base salary pending experience
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.